Do the phrases ‘api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll lacking’ ring a bell? You’ll largely see this whereas launching a program in your Home windows laptop as an error message This system can’t begin as a result of api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is lacking out of your laptop.
This error both implies that Common CRT, which is a part of the Visible C++ Redistributable has both failed to put in correctly or that the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file has turn into corrupted or gone lacking. It’s possible you’ll obtain this error when attempting to open some Adobe purposes, SmartFTP software program, Skype, Microsoft Workplace, and so forth.
Repair: Api-Ms-Win-Crt-Runtime-L1-1-0.dll is Lacking Error
Some Stipulations You Ought to Take Care Of
Earlier than transferring ahead with the fixes, you must observe the directions given beneath:
- Just be sure you replace your Home windows. Run Home windows Replace and ensure.
- Run the System File Checker to interchange doubtlessly corrupted system information.
- It’s also possible to reinstall this system that’s inflicting this error.
Fixing the Api-Ms-Win-Crt-Runtime-L1-1-0.dll Lacking Error
1. Restore Already Put in the Visible C++ 2012 Redistributable Bundle
In case you have already put in Visible C++ 2012 Redistributable package deal, however you continue to encounter the error, you would possibly require to restore this system.
- Open Management Panel and go to Applications and Options part.
- Discover out Microsoft Visible C++ 2012 Redistributable (x64) [for 64-bit machine], right-click on it and choose Change.
- Click on on the Restore button.
- Click on Sure on the immediate by the Consumer Account Management and observe the on-screen directions to finish the restore.
2. Re-Register the DLL file
If the DLL file is current in your laptop, however you proceed to get the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll lacking error, chances are you’ll must re-register the DLL file.
The placement of the DLL file is proven within the picture beneath:
The Regsvr32 instrument is a command-line utility that can be utilized for registering and un-registering DLL file. To register a DLL file, open a command immediate home windows as an administrator, sort the next and press Enter:
regsvr32 "path & filename of dll or ocx"
To un-register a DLL file, open a command immediate home windows as an administrator, sort the next and press Enter:
regsvr32 /u "path & filename of dll or ocx"
If the DLL file is lacking then you possibly can strive the next fixes:
- Run the built-in System File Checker instrument to interchange lacking or corrupted working system information.
- Press the Home windows icon + R. Sort cmd.exe into the window and press enter to launch the Command Immediate window.
- In case you are working Home windows 10, Home windows 8.1 or Home windows 8, first run the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) instrument previous to working the System File Checker. Sort the next command, after which hit Enter.
DISM.exe /On-line /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- Sort the next textual content on the command immediate: sfc/scannow.
- All protected information shall be scanned and any corrupted information shall be changed as new.
- Run the DISM (Deployment Picture Servicing and Administration) instrument and restore the Home windows system picture and repair a corrupted Home windows Element Retailer.
- Press the Home windows icon + X to open the Energy Consumer menu and select Command Immediate (Admin).
- Sort the next command and press Enter:
DISM /On-line /Cleanup-Picture /RestoreHealth
- Restore or re-install the software program if some software throws up this error.
- Copy the DLL file from one other system and restore it in your PC, adopted by re-registering the DLL file.
If not one of the above works for you, then as a final resort you possibly can obtain the lacking DLL file from the web and use it. Though copy-pasting the downloaded file to a specific location is just not a super answer, it would work.
3. Obtain the Replace for Common C Runtime
If the error remains to be not resolved, obtain the Update for Universal C Runtime from Microsoft. Set up the Runtime part, restart your laptop and test. Simply do not forget that starting with Home windows 10, the Common CRT is a part of the working system.
4. Set up the Microsoft Visible C++ Redistributable Replace
If the options talked about above don’t assist repair the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is lacking error, chances are you’ll require to put in Microsoft Visible C++ Redistributable update from Microsoft. It’s essential to select the OS structure, i.e. 32-bit or 64-bit.
5. Set up Microsoft Visible C++ Redistributable for Visible Studio 2017
Just like the Visible C++ 2012 Redistributable package deal, some applications use the Microsoft Visible C++ Redistributable for Visible Studio 2017 to repair the error. So chances are you’ll want to put in this one. Yow will discover the package deal here.
We hope the options talked about above come to your rescue and assist get you rid of the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll lacking error. Tell us which certainly one of these labored for you or publish your queries within the remark part beneath.